March has been my most productive reading month to date, because I managed to read a whopping 20 books! I can’t even remember the last time I’ve read this much in a single month. I am definitely owing this reading achievement to the great help of audiobooks. I really milked in my money’s worth of Audible and Scribd to be able to read (and listen) to as many books that I can – and it paid off. There were a handful of books that I didn’t expect I would love as much as I would if it wasn’t for the audiobook narrators who breathed in life into the authors’ works.
Another achievement of mine was that I am finally slowly but surely been trimming down my physical TBR shelf! I actually have some books that I bought many years ago, and it was only now that I actually read them – and loved them *pats myself proudly on the back*. It’s been a personal goal of mine to tackle my overwhelming physical TBR shelf, and to see it slowly but surely dwindle down is amazing.
For this month, I want to give shoutout to my most favorite books, namely: A Dowry of Blood, Mistborn Era 2, The Poet X, and Chain of Iron.
- A Dowry of Blood by S.T. Gibson – 5/5
- The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson* – 4/5
- Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson* – 4/5
- The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson* – 4/5
- Songs of Insurrection* by J.C. Kang – 3.5/5
- Secret History: The Mistborn Novella by Brandon Sanderson – 5/5
- Proven Guilty* by Jim Butcher – 5/5
- Chain of Gold* by Cassandra Clare – 5/5 (reread)
- The Diary of a Young Girl* by Anne Frank – 4/5
- Memento* by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – 5/5
- All Systems Red* by Martha Wells – 3.5/5
- Chain of Iron* by Cassandra Clare – 4/5
- Twinfluence by Grace Costello – 3.5/5
- Monstress: The Awakening – 3.5/5
- All the Stars and Teeth* by Adalyn Grace – 3.5/5
- Trese: Volume 1 by Budjetto Tan – 4/5
- Kingdom of the Wicked* by Kerri Maniscalco – 3/5
- The Poet X* by Elizabeth Acevedo – 5/5
- The Stolen Kingdom by Jillian Boehme – 3/5
- CrossTalk* by Connie Willis – 4/5
Note: the titles marked with a * are those I’ve read alongside while listening to its audiobook version.
My main focus this April is to not only trim down my TBR shelf but also my pending ARCs and books to review. I’ll also am hoping to finish my PhilMyth Readathon TBR before April 10th, as I have 4 books left, and I just started reading Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Other than that, I;ll continue to mood read my way through (again), and continue on listening to audiobooks.
Here are the books I am currently greeting the new month in!
How many books did you read last month? What were your favorites?